ENGDYN is a dedicated three-dimensional engine analysis tool essential to the design and development of the crank train, engine structure and associated components such as bearings, connecting rods and engine mounts. By offering a range of complexity for components, oil film models and solvers, ENGDYN can be used throughout the entire development programme, from concept through to production.
ENGDYN's application range expands by linking with other packages such as VALDYN and MATLAB/Simulink, to perform fully coupled co-simulations with data passed between the codes at each time step. The links with VALDYN are fully integrated and allow systems such as the FEAD/READ or camshaft assemblies to be fully integrated with the powertrain analysis.
- Hierarchy of models and solution methods within a single easy to use graphical interface
- Kinematic and dynamic solvers
- Mobility based bearing model for rapid kinematic and dynamic solutions
- Advanced EHL mass-conserving lubrication model for detailed bearing analysis
- Hydrodynamic and boundary lubrication models
- Link with VALDYN for valvetrain, timing drive and auxiliary drive loading
- Link to FEARCE for automated loading of FE engine models
- Integrated FEARCE solver for FE matrix reduction
- 3D graphical interface for rapid model generation and results presentation
- Vibro-acoustic analysis using integrated acoustic solver