FEARCE has an integrated graphical user interface (GUI) that enables users to construct and assemble complex models by using components with identified key connectivity points. All types of connectivitity can be applied between component contact surfaces, defined by surface geometry. The integrated GUI enables components to be easily imported, displayed, documented and altered within various key stages of the build process.
FEARCE also provides tools for the automatic generation of bolts. The user is able to define the head and thread contact regions along with the bolt-shaft diameter and material type, then FEARCE will generate the correct beam and connection. Alternatively, FEARCE can also generate solid bolts based on specific dimensions from the user.
- Importing component models from different sources
- Scaling, translation and transformation of models for assembly
- Enabled copying of repeated components to reduce modelling overhead
- Joins are based on mating surfaces rather than node
- Various types of connections can be generated automatically
- Automatic joining of dissimilar meshes using multi-point constraints
- Automatic checking of assemblies, with conflicts, fixes and warnings flagged
- Automatic generation of bolts