Performance, fuel economy and emissions prediction
IGNITE is used to predict vehicle performance, fuel consumption and emissions over any operation duty or cycle. The application focused powertrain library allows users to accurately explore the impact that various technologies, such as hybridization, have on vehicle behavior. Additionally, the IGNITE Design/Optimization toolbox can be used to optimize fuel consumption and emissions while maintaining specified performance requirements and constraints.
- Predict fuel consumption, performance and emissions without the time and expense of hardware and prototype vehicle development
- Identify and select technologies that maximize vehicle performance and efficiency
- Virtual verification of technology selection and sizing (to achieve fleet objectives and goals)
- Couple with WAVE and WAVE-RT for transient engine performance within a full vehicle model (vs. steady state design points)
- Predict real-world fuel consumption in a virtual world