PISDYN incorporates an advanced interface that enables the user to use FE models to calculate mass and stiffness metrics for dynamic and compliant analysis. It can also be used to calculate deformations due to thermal, pressure and inertia loads. Any combination of model level can be chosen for the piston or liner-side assemblies.
With its internal FE solver, PISDYN has the capability to perform all required analyses. Alternatively, if the user prefers, appropriate analysis decks for major third-party solvers (e.g. ABAQUS and NASTRAN) can also be set up.
The post-solution, PISDYN FE interface can also apply calculated forces to component FE models providing boundary conditions for FE stress analyses.
- Interactive 3D graphical user interface (RAPID GUI)
- Automatic selection of sets for loading
- Vectorized sparse solver (VSS) static (Guyan) and dynamic (component mode synthesis (CMS)) reduction
- Thermal, inertial and gas pressure deformations
- Temperature-dependent material properties
- Complete piston and liner (or engine block) models with optional half model
- Inertia relief for static models
- Built-in translators from commercially available FE packages
- Pressure loading of cylinder head
- Back-substitution of results for complete piston/liner FE analyses
- Piston and liner dynamic models
- Mass and damping
- User-defined modal damping characteristic
- Critical damping ratio against frequency
- Critical damping applied to each mode
- User selects the number of dynamic modes
- Improved vibration analysis for piston-slap prediction