SABR can be used to model deep-groove and angular-contact ball bearings, tapered, cylindrical, needle roller, and thrust roller bearings that are either casing-mounted or encapsulated between two rotating components. Essential for calculating the bearing life, misalignment and loading algorithms are based on bearing calculations that the bearing design and manufacturing companies use, including ISO 16281 and ISO 281 standards.
Our longstanding relationships with bearing companies, including SKF, Timken and Koyo, have been essential to extending the range of bearings in our packaged software. With these bearings integrated, SABR can efficiently calculate and visually represent the exact loading regime of the bearing, indicating the overall use of the bearing race as well as potential areas of excessive load.
- Ability to analyse either standard or custom bearings
- Bearing-life calculation based on misalignment, roller crowning and level of loading, preload and clearance
- Quick bearing-positioning tool, allowing fast iterative assessments of transmission layout
- Gear-mounted needle roller bearing analysis
- Integrated extensive bearing catalogue
- Ability to define and develop bespoke bearing catalogue
- Ability to define and develop bearing mounting fit requirements