Engine system modelling
Using its wide range of modelling elements
VALDYN can be ideal for simulating complete engine systems. The ease of model construction and high simulation speed means that models can be assembled and solved quickly. Common engine components such as cam followers, hydraulic lash adjusters, cam phasers, chains, belts and gears are provided by VALDYN and other mechanisms can be assembled from over 30 basic building block elements.
Co-simulation with other Ricardo Software tools,
WAVE, or third-party programs allows the system boundaries to be spread beyond the VALDYN model so that complex interdependencies can be examined.
- Rapid generation of complete engine models
- Parametric input for case-to-case variation
- Run distribution for fast multi-case analysis
- Co-simulation with Ricardo Software’s
- Linear frequency domain analysis including automatic model simplification of non-linear components
- Perturbation analysis to allow frequency domain analysis at a given instant in time