Coupled 1D/3D analysis
VECTIS is fully integrated with WAVE, Ricardo’s 1D gas dynamics software, allowing 1D/3D-coupled analyses to be performed effortlessly. VECTIS can also be used in conjunction with many other 1D packages.
Using VECTIS, development of intake runner systems can be performed to investigate ways of improving mixing, reducing cylinder-to-cylinder variations in air/fuel ratios and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR). The location of EGR pipes and their design can be determined and the dynamics of the intake system can be optimized. This analysis approach can also be used on exhaust components. Exhaust runner lengths and catalyst cone designs can be investigated and Lambda sensor locations can be determined. After treatment simulations can also be performed looking at catalyst utilization and light off potential as well as Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system design.
- Straightforward integrated set up for VECTIS and WAVE co-simulation
- Fully automated simulation process gives optimum workflow
- Complete species transportation including liquid droplets
- Co-simulation with moving mesh in-cylinder, conjugate heat transfer and radiation calculations
- Co-simulation to many 1D code utilizing user functions
- Inclusion of necessary models for typical applications