VECTIS is used extensively in engine design because of its ease of use for moving boundary, in-cylinder applications. In-cylinder calculations can be performed to investigate various phenomena such as fueling effects, spray injector positioning, piston shape and bowl design, and the effects that these have on combustion and emissions.
- Moving boundary and automatic meshing technique provides easy setup
- Rapid simulation turnaround allows maximum input to the design process
- Extended spray set-up allows time and radial variation of injector/droplet characteristics
- Static and dynamic wall film capability
- Auto-ignition and spark ignition models
- Ricardo Two-Zone Flamelet combustion model - Pre-mixed and non-premixed combustion
- Extensive internal validation programs and model development based on future engine technologies