Dynamic system control
WAVE contains a suite of control elements to simulate the extensive network of control systems required by today’s engines. Applications such as the control of wastegates, fuelling and cylinder deactivation can all be modelled with ease using the supplied elements. Live interaction with a running model can be performed using the WAVELive input and plotting capability, allowing instant feedback of results while correlating or optimising a model. The elements themselves complement WAVE’s standard flow elements and benefit from the same drag and drop connectivity and flexibility offered by the WaveBuild user interface.
The capability for time-step coupling with control and dynamic simulation programs means that WAVE can model the physical plant of a vehicle for control system development, drive cycle studies for fuel economy/emissions, or lap time optimisation.
- Canvas based, drag-and-drop creation of the control network
- Arbitrary connectivity
- Extensive library of control elements
- Function element can use any math or logical operator for custom formulae
- Python Function
- WAVELive GUI
- Output of sensor, control signals
- Interactive input of actuator control signals
- Visualize engine response
- Link to 3rd party packages
- Large database of user component examples showing PID Smart Controllers and special control elements